I'd rather be burlesquing.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

black cab

I tend to go through these 'little black raincloud' moments where it feels like the best thing to do is probably just stay in bed and tell secrets to my Ugly Doll, Babo.

I think I've noticed that I'm hesitant to be gloomy on this website. I feel the need to pretend that I'm a happy-go-lucky, glass-is-always-half-full kind of girl. But the simple truth is that I am not. I have dark moments. Rainy moments. Why-the-hell-is-spring-taking-so-bloody-long-to-arrive-in-London moments.

And I've been stuck in one them for the past couple of days now.

I know myself well enough to know that I just need to have a few double-wet-soya-lattés, extra hot*, and I will find the energy to keep going, but sometimes when you are in the midst of the storm, it's hard to see a way out.

So, if you could, please hold while I get my shit together.

*I know, I know, I've become one of those people, but if I lived in France, it would be simple (un café crème, s'il vous plait). However, I do not - I live in Britain - and I'm forced to gently garnish my coffee to make it resemble anything worth drinking.

0 Comments:

<< Home