I'd rather be burlesquing.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

My love affair with the Lily

I'm due to return to the homeland for a few weeks a the end of August, and I've been compiling a list of things I normally can't afford, to pick up when I'm home.

Life with a crap exchange rate has been fun and all, but don't think for a second that I am not loving every minute of life with the British Pound. For the first time in my life, I can support the lovely crafty folk in the US & Canada without having to sell my hair or mortgage my couch.

The first stop I make, after doing the important stuff, like - you know, seeing my family, will be made at Purr, in Calgary Alberta. Amongst other beautiful things, Purr stocks lovelies by my favorite Canadian designers, Smoking Lily.

I've had an intense crush on Smoking Lily since the day I laid eyes on her in 1997. I was aimlessly wandering around Victoria B.C., towing a boyfriend who would have preferred to be at Madam Tussauds, when I stumbled across a teensy store front packed to the rafters with printed bits. I purchased the first of what would be many on that day; a tank top with black beetles ambling across it. It was love at first sight, and although the passion between my boyfriend and I soon fizzled, my love for Lily will never die.

They've updated their site, so go on, spoil yourself. Just save some for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home