I'd rather be burlesquing.

Friday, July 29, 2005

?!?!!?

Before I started work at my current post here in the UK, I had spent about 6 months working for a temp agency.

I attempted to contact them today to see if I am owed any tax money back for my time with them. Apparently, they are to fill out some P-form and send it in for me, if I am eligible for a tax credit.

Amongst other things, this was the response:

What is it exactly what you need?!?!!?

I know that the grammar punctuation king, Greg, has razzed me in the past for my excessive use of elipsis (...), and has warned me that "there is no space for an ellipsis in business", but why - oh why - has no one told me that ?!?!!? has been approved for all business-related correspondence?

There is so much that I don't know...

1 Comments:

At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This isn't technically a grammatical error; it's a punctuational misdeed.
Indeed, the author appears overzealous and confused in their use of conflicting punctuation marks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home