I'd rather be burlesquing.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Polish Movie Posters

I've switched computers so many times that my "favorites" list is constantly in disarray. I continually re-discover sites that have gone missing along the way, which is actually kind of nice, because it's like seeing an old friend again for the first time.

Today's treasure, unearthed from the attic: the Polish Poster Gallery.

I originally discovered a few of these posters in a small shop somewhere in Edinburgh, about six or seven years ago. I was in awe, and got all excited and jumpy like I have been known do when I see something I love.

However, it was not meant to be. Once again, due to the pesky Canadian dollar, if I wanted to eat, I was in no position to purchase a Polish movie poster from Edinburgh. I satiated my appetite with three postcards, which have been a fixture on my walls ever since.

Some people think the imagery is creepy. Some think it's intriguing. I find it breathtaking. Movie posters have turned into bland, clichéd vehicles for advertising the latest Hollywood heartbreakers, typically accompanied with horrible typography.

These posters don't look shiny and new as all things produced by MGM typically do; but you no longer have to be ashamed of having a Spaceballs poster on your wall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home