I'd rather be burlesquing.

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Harvie Krumpet

I'm fairly sure that this isn't new to anyone but me (although I see that the UK release date was just April 2005), but I watched the most beautiful little film last night, Harvie Krumpet.

This animated short is a film that makes me want to put aside everything else in my life and learn how to animate things. For the 22 minutes that this movie captivated me, I sat staring at the tv screen in awe, a dumb grin on my face. It is such a sweet, painful, amazing little film.

AND, on top of the genius that is this film, the DVD includes all of Adam Elliot's previous films. These films are even more poignant, showing us the wonder and pain in the everyday. The ridiculousness of the normal.

I am inspired and amazed at the wonderful perspective that Adam Elliot has on life, love and loss. Ice cream and lemonade.

I would go on, but I think it's just best to see it for yourself.
It stole my heart, it did.

I owe Greg a big thank you for pestering me to watch it, Jason a big thanks for hunting it down, and to Adam Elliot: a huge thanks for making it.

2 Comments:

At 12:22 PM, Blogger Jason said...

Slightly unrelated, but I finally remembered the animated short I was trying to tell you about the other day. It called Ryan. It should also be hunted down. jk

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger shanny said...

Cool! AND, it's CANADIAN! We will definitely have to hunt it down...I wonder if they have the National Film Board movies here?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home