I'd rather be burlesquing.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

the sick menu

When I'm sick, I instantly revert to being 7 years old.

I crave nothing more than to stay in my pajamas all day, put on some knee socks, wrap myself up in a blanket, and settle in for a long day of terrible (yet educational) daytime tv. The only thing lacking from this pathetic little tableau is my wonderful Mother, who can't always be here when I'm sick. Not to mention the fact that I'm 29 years old, not 7, and I'm sure she has better things to do with her time than rent me movies.

So, without my Mom to supply me with chicken soup on demand, I've been forced to fend for myself, food-wise. Thus - in order to keep my energy levels high - I require good old, nostalgic comfort food.

Whenever my Mom gets a stomach ache, she needs a McDonald's strawberry milkshake - no other milkshake will do. Most people consume copious amounts of orange juice. I know a few people who go down the hot lemon and honey road. And yet others who need toast.

For me, the comfort food list is as follows (in no particular order):

  • hominy corn with butter
  • soft-boiled eggs, or eggs on toast
  • Campbell's canned chicken soup
  • toast with jam
  • orange juice mixed with ginger-ale
  • cinnamon toast (toast with butter, cinnamon and sugar)
  • cantaloupe and/or honeydew melon

And now that I've exhausted my mental capacity for one day, I'm off to pour myself a big ol' glass of orange juice and ginger-ale.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home