I'd rather be burlesquing.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

pic-a-pop

As ljcfyi has discovered, they've started making pic-a-pop again!

Yay!

I'm a bit slow on the uptake, because as pointed out in the above post, they started up the company again in 2004 - but still.

Yay!

I used to love pic-a-pop when I was a kid, and the concept has come up several times during nostalgic conversations.

It was tradition that we would stock up on pic-a-pop before heading to the cabin for the summer. I remember my parents driving my brother and I to the strip mall (not kidding) in our burnt-orange van that smelled of old carpet, where we would run amok through the stacks of day-glo bottles.

I was most likely wearing terry-cloth shorts.

Pic-a-pop will always remind me of a big orange van without air conditioning, the dry prairie sun, and the simple things that make being a kid so good.

Do you ever wish you could photograph a memory?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home