I'd rather be burlesquing.

Friday, August 18, 2006

Europe's always been real good to me.

I have a terrible habit of writing something here, and then just forgetting about my blog for a few days...weeks...months. When I come back to it, I'm always surprised with what I've left behind.

It's kind of like taking a shower and leaving your underpants hanging on the towel rack. You come back to the bathroom at the end of the day to realise that the entire house has seen your underpants. But you've since moved on...

Not that my visa issues are sorted out or anything, but it feels like a lot has happened since I last wrote.

Most importantly, I've booked my trip to Eastern Europe. I'm overjoyed at the thought of travelling again. None of this crappy weekend city-break stuff - a proper three week backpacking trip through three countries. I've been wanting to go to Croatia since I arrived in London 2 years ago, and I'm so excited to finally be heading there...it felt like it would never actually happen. It's the first stop on a trip that will take me through Croatia, across Hungary and into Poland. So. Excited.

And, while on the topic of booking trips, I've officially booked my flight home to Canada.

And it's a one-way ticket.

On September 28, I will officially leave London. I will drag my laden suitcase to Gatwick airport, board a budget charter airline, and watch the city dissolve from view.

But goodbye is never forever.

Wherever I end up in the upcomimg months, be it New York, Toronto, Montreal or some place I've not even dreamed of yet, I know I will be back here someday.

London won't change too much, but at the same time, I know I will.

I already have.

1 Comments:

At 1:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you make it to Montréal before December, we might be able to meet for coffee. Just a thought.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home