I'd rather be burlesquing.

Monday, August 07, 2006

a bunch of things that I keep forgetting to write about

A few weeks ago, I went to check out Fuerzabruta at the Roundhouse. The show was completely amazing, and completely unlike anything I've ever seen. AND, as an added bonus for being the closet exhibitionist that I am, I was pulled on stage to experience the joy of dancing on a platform in front of hundreds of people while dry wall was repeatedly cracked over my head.

I wasn't brave enough to take my camera, but there are some amazing photos on Flickr.

It's only in London until the end of August, so if the opportunity to go should find you, take it.

...

Last week saw me at the Mean Fiddler with the Weakerthans.

I admit that I have a soft spot for the Weakerthans. I went through a period about 2 or 3 years ago when reading Weakerthans lyrics was like reading poetry that had been composed soley for me.

The audience sang along to nearly every song, which was amazing. I may be biased because I'm Canadian, but they were fantastic.

...

The burlesque might *finally* be going burlesque next Friday. I will make a dedicated effort to post several words about the debauchery and delight of it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home